
I was very excited to read this book since I loved These Is My Words. I think there is actually a book that goes in between these two, and I really want to read it, I think some of the things in Star Garden would make more sense.
I was excited to read more about this character, Sarah. The story takes place at the turn of the century in Arizona. Sarah struggles to run her ranch, and take care of her brother and his family who have come to live with her after some tragedy. She is being courted by a quiet and reserved man, quite a bit different from her deceased husband. She decides to follow her dream to go to college and enters school for the first time in her life. She is also fighting a small war with a neighbor who is trying to run her off her land. I actually really liked reading about her struggles in this book. I love to read about how strong and independent Sarah is. It is gripping to read about the trials that were prevalent at that time.
That being said, though, I did not think the book was as good as its predecessor. I had a harder time connecting with Sarah. In a way, she didn't seem like a real person to me, though what she went through was very human. All in all, a good read, but not fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment