
I figure that March will be a crazy month with Easter and everything so let's take two months for our next book. I recently read Peace Like a River and thought it worthy of discussion. I got really into it and had a hard time putting it down.
Does anyone have any suggestions for what they'd like to discuss in coming months? I'm sure there are some great non-fiction books out there, or some really great classics and new novels even. And, let me know if you'd like to be a contributer to this blog. The more the merrier! It's pretty fun to write about your favorite books. Leave a comment with your suggestion if you feel so inclined.
1 comment:
I hate to say it, but I tried to read Peace Like a River last year and couldn't get into it. I am not sure why. It sat on my nightstand for months, and I recently donated it to the D.I.! So, I will have to skip a month. But I really enjoyed our last two books and I will try to think of some suggestions like you asked. Have you read Plain and Simple? It is my favorite non-fiction book, about a woman who goes to live with an Amish family to learn more about their culture. It is a short book, but interesting and it made me look at my everyday activities in a different light. I have never read it with a book group or discussed it in that kind of setting and I would love to reread it. I have given away more copies of Plain and Simple than any other book (except the Book of Mormon) - but it's a close second. :)
Post a Comment