
I recently re-read all my Artemis Fowl books in a row. I was glad I did this because I had forgotten a lot of what happens and it was nice to see how it all unfolded instead of reading them when they were coming out separately. I absolutely LOVE these books. I think they are the best example of a Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre I have ever read and I think they are great books to turn kids, especially boys, onto reading. I found myself laughing out loud at many parts and reading them to my husband. It was a bit much to read of Artemis' adventures constantly for a few weeks, but I had nothing else to read and I had a lot of fun. There is a lot of humor, adventure and excitement in these books. I definitely recommend them to anyone in need of a good, quick no-brainer.
3 comments:
So I'm months behind but I read The Devil in the White City and LOVED it! It was SO good. Thanks for the tip! I want to read some of these others but they seem to always be checked out at the library. I'll keep checking. :)
Rachelle, I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. It was one of those that I just couldn't put down, even though it's completely different from what I usually read.
I'm about 2/3 through this right now. My 8 year old read it and then insisted that I push through it. So far I'm really enjoying it. The language is fun and fluid and the storyline is intriguing. I have a feeling I'll be pushing further into this series as time goes on.
Post a Comment