Friday, June 20, 2008

Prince Caspian


After seeing the movie recently, I couldn't resist re-reading this book in order to compare. There were so many things happening in the movie that I just didn't remember happening in the book, but it had been a long time since I had read it.

I really like this book, though not as much as The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. It takes place hundreds of years after the first time the Pevensie's are in Narnia, though only a year in their time. They are called back to Narnia to help put Prince Caspian in his rightful place on the throne.

It is hard for me to admit this, but I like the movie better then the book. I thought the characters where darker and more developed in the movie and the action was more interesting. The move takes some liberties and changes some time frames and a bit of the story line, but I like these changes. In the book, you miss a lot of the action because it focuses on the girls flitting about the town with Aslan. I have to say that it is such a strange part of the book and I really hated it. Luckily, this does not happen at all in the movie.

So, go see the movie. I do like all the books in this series because I think the parallels that can be drawn to our world are very interesting, but the movie is definitely a must see.

No comments: