Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Other Books by Shannon Hale
I hope you are all enjoying our book for the month. I am excited to start our conversation about it. If you liked this book by Shannon Hale, then you might like some of her other ones. I would definitely recommend Goose Girl and Princess Academy. Both books are written along the same lines as Book of a Thousand Days. Another one by this author that I enjoyed was Austenland which takes place in modern day. It is about a girl who is obsessed with Mr. Darcy from the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. There were some parts that made me laugh out loud and the book contains one of my all time favorite characters-an older woman who tries to do a British accent and occasionally throws in some British phrases (which never work with her content). While I do not think the book is as compelling, nor as well written as some of the other ones by Shannon Hale, I did thoroughly enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment